Corn And Zucchini Salad With Feta*
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- Kosher salt
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds), thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandoline
- 8-10 zucchini blossoms, torn into large pieces (optional)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
Cook corn in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright yellow and tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate and let cool.
Cut kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add zucchini, zucchini blossoms (if using), basil, parsley, oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with feta.
Do ahead: Corn can be cooked 1 day ahead. Cut kernels from cobs; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
Strata molti formaggi (Strata of many cheeses)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 c milk
- 1 loaf french bread, cubed
- 8 oz cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in bread and cheese. Until completely coated. Scoop into greased muffin tins with an ice cream scoop topping off with remaining egg mixture. Rest overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 15 minutes.
Smoked Chicken Thighs with Harissa
- 1 pound roasted red peppers
- 4 fresh Jalapeño chile peppers, seeded
- 2 fresh (or dried) Poblano peppers, seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch parsley, rough chopped
Transfer all ingredients except olive oil to a blender. Puree until smooth. Drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil at the end, blending for only a few seconds.
*this was replaced with a classic Caprese Salad.