Arugula, Fennel and Olive Salad
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1 5-ounce package arugula
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, sliced paper-thin
- 1/3 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 2 cups Manchego cheese shavings
Mix the lemon juice, shallot, salt and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
Toss arugula, fennel, and olives in large bowl with dressing. Sprinkle cheese over.
Chilled Pea & Shallot Soup
- 3 large shallot
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 pound of fresh English peas1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Salt
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. If your oven doesn’t go that low, set it to the lowest setting possible. Toss the shallots with 1 tsp of olive oil, place in a small roasting pan, and cover with aluminum foil—roast for 2 hours. (Note: we want our shallots cooked but not caramelized, which starts to happen around 230 degrees).
Combine the water, mint sprigs, English peas, and the cooked shallots. Puree with an immersion blender until creamy. Add salt, 1 tbsp olive oil, and the cream and continue to puree.
When serving, finish with a drizzle of olive oil.