Mushrooms Stuffed with Smoked Trout, Leeks, Creme Fraiche
- 12 Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted.
- 1/4 cup Leeks, washed and sliced
- 1/8 cup Smoked Trout, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Creme Fraiche (or Sour Cream)
- Salt, to taste.
Preheat oven to 450 °F. Remove stems from mushrooms and roast both in the oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool, dice mushroom stems. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add leeks and sweat for 15 minutes, or until softened. Set aside to cool.
Place mushroom caps on a sheet tray, gills up. Fold the leeks, mushroom stems, trout, and creme fraiche together. Mold into small balls, and place onto the mushroom—Bake at 450 °F for 10 minutes.
Saucisse de morteau aux lentilles vertes du Puy (Pork sausage with lentils)
- 2 oz. smoked bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 12 oz. green Puy lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 fresh pork sausages, such as sweet Italian sausages
- 1 cup white wine
Cook bacon in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat until its fat has rendered about 6 minutes. Add butter, onions, carrots, and celery; cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Tie parsley, thyme, and to leaves together with kitchen twine; add to the pan. Stir in lentils and 5 1⁄2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Discard herbs. Stir in mustard and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring sausages, wine, and 1 cup water to a boil in a 12″ skillet over high heat. Cook, turning sausages occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, 12–15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add oil. Cook sausages until browned, 6–7 minutes. Serve the sausages over the lentils.