- This event has passed.
Italy vs Greece
Thursday, August 22 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm$51 – $89
In this wine tasting class, we pit two of the oldest wine producing countries in the world against each other. It’s Greek versus Italian Wine. Is this a fair contest? One is the largest wine importers (more than 33%) to the United States, the smallest (less than 1%).
Philly is famous for its love of Italian wine, but there is a growing love of Greek wines in the city. Several of our graduates have turned their passion for Greek wines into a career (Chris Jelepis, owner of Sonata Wines and Neil Ross, the managing Sommelier at the Estia Restaurant Group).
This class is designed to open your eyes to the amazing wines coming out of Greece, while also enjoying some top-notch Italian wine. Best of all? You get to choose who wins in this Italy-vs-Greece wine smackdown.
Tasting Sheets from Previous Wine Tasting Classes
1. Kofererhof 2014 Valle Isarco Kerner (Alto Adige, Italy)
2. Koutsoyiannopoulos (Volcan Wines) 2011 Assyrtiko (Santorini, Greece)
1. Fattoria Viticcio 2015 “Bere” Rosso (Tuscany, Italy)
2. Domaine Sigalas 2014 “Mm” Red Blend (Santorini, Greece)
1. Cascina degli Ulivi (Stefano Bellotti) 2014 Semplicemente Rosso (Piedmont, Italy)
2. Domaine Glinavos 2009 Vlahiko (Epirus, Greece)
1. Terre da Vino 2009 La Casa in Collina (Barbaresco, Italy)
2. Alpha Estate 2012 “Hedgehog Vineyard” Xinomavro (Amyndeon, Greece)
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.