Italy vs Spain
Saturday, October 13 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm$51 – $89
We are hosting an epic wine battle! In this very special class, we are pitting Italy versus Spain. These two titans of the wine world are going to wage a wine war to the very end. No cork or glass will be spared. Oh, the humanity!
Italy is coming into this wine battle as the clear favorite, having won several of our “Versus” classes already. But this is Philly, and we love our underdogs. And like most longshots, Spain has the grit to win. It also knows it’s wine, too.
Come to class, cast your vote, and get a ringside education in the wines of Italy and Spain.
Previous Wine Tasting Sheets for Italy vs Spain
- Colterenzio 2016 Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige)
- Shaya 2015 Verdejo (Rueda)
- Renato Ratti 2014 “Battaglione”Barbera D’Alba (Piedmont)
- Alvarez de Toledo 2012Mencía (Castilla y León)
- Poggio Stella 2011 Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva (Tuscany)
- Bodegas 2009 Montecillo Gran Reserva (Rioja)
- Benanti Rosso DiVerzella 2014 Etna Rosso (Sicily)
- Mano a Mano 2011 “TNT” (La Mancha)
Get our wine reviews fresh from the oven. Register for the Wine School Newsletter.