- This event has passed.
Thursday, September 28 from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Deliciously Exotic Wines or Exotically Delicious? That is the question of the hour when we uncork these amazing wines. By the end of class, you will wonder why the rest of the world has forgotten about these wines. You will be glad we haven’t.
In Search of Delicious Exotic Wines
In this class, the theme is the more obscure and rare, the better! We have traveled –figuratively and literally– across the globe to find some of the coolest wines you have never heard of. You will learn about –and taste– wines from obscure places and also exotic varieties. But that isn’t the most important element. It’s not enough that these are exotic wines. They also have to be damn good, too.
If you are the type of person who wants to discover great new things, then this is a class for you. If you are happy just drinking buttery Chardonnay, not so much. Some of these wines will be from exotic places, some will be made with exotic grapes, and some combine both (and those are our favorites). No matter how much you think you know, this class will open your mind to how big and awesome the wine world really is.
This class will also give you great insight into the mind of a cellar master & sommelier. You’ll learn about wines and wine regions years before they become famous. As a case in point, the Wine School‘s very first Exotica class was held in 2002. One of the first wines of that night was an exotic grape from a hitherto unknown wine region: Malbec from Argentina. How times have changed!
Exotic Wines, October 30th, 2021
1. Stobi 2018 Zilavka, Macedonia
2. Scholium Project 2016 “VLV Reserve Vista” Verdelho, Clements Hills
1. Morande 2019 “Pionero Reserva” Pais, Valle De Maule
2. Vinos Sin-Ley 2011 “GRA2” Graciano, Rioja
1. Brkic 2015 Plava Greda, Bosnia-Hercegovina
1. Cos Poggiale 2014 Niellucciu/Syrah, Corsica
2. Yacoubian-Hobbs 2016 Areni. Armenia
Previous Wine Tasting Sheets
Our Exotic Wine Class is Super Fun
First Flight1. Jean Caille 2016 Vieilles Vignes Apremont, Savoie (FR)
2. Scarbolo 2016 Pinot Grigio, Fruili (IT)
Second Flight1. Biava 2015 Moscato Nero, Lombardy (IT)
2. Petroni 2015 “Corse” Red, Corsica (FR)
Third Flight1. Bibich 2012 “g.6” Grenache, North Dalmatia (HT)
2. Pilizota 2015 Plavina, Sibenik (HT)
Fifth Flight1. Douloufakis 2015 “Dafnios” Liatiko, Dafnes (GR)
2. Tikveš 2012 “Barovo” Vranac /Kratosija, Tikveš (MK)