Core Wine Course (Spring Semester)
Sun, April 14, 2024 from 1:25 pm to 6:00 pm
Sundays, April 14th to June 9th, from 1:30 pm – 6 pm. No class on April 28th.
Sommelier Core Wine Course
The Core Wine Course provides a comprehensive wine education experience combining our Foundation and Intermediate programs into a week of intensive learning. By enrolling in this course, students gain a complete wine education and enjoy significant cost savings compared to taking the Foundation and Intermediate programs individually.
- Master the techniques and knowledge necessary to become exceptional wine tasters in the Foundation portion of the program.
- Develop the ability to identify major wine varietals in blind tastings, a remarkable accomplishment for wine professionals.
- Explore the intricate world of wine in the Intermediate section, delving into various wine styles, climates, and varietals from major wine-producing countries.
- Suitable for individuals pursuing sommelier qualifications, aspiring winemakers, and wine enthusiasts seeking to enhance their knowledge.
- Earn your sommelier pin from the National Wine School in a single week.
Schedule of Core Classes
- Section #1 Introduction to Wine Regions
- Section #2 Intro to Sensory Wine Tasting
- Section #1 France
- Section #2 White Varietal Components
- Section #1 North American Wines
- Section #2 Red Varietal Components
- Section #1 Australia
- Section #2 Old World vs New World
- Section #1 Italy
- Section #2 Varietal Fingerprint Lab
- Section #1 Spain & Portugal
- Section #2 Winemaking 101
- Section #1 South America
- Section #2 Blind Tasting Class
- Section #1 Regional In-Class Exam
- Section #2 Tasting In-Class Exam
Certifications and Recognition
- The Core Wine Course offers Level III certification, nationally recognized and conferred by the National Wine School (NWS).
- NWS certifications are equivalent to qualifications from other prestigious organizations, such as the Court of Master Sommeliers and the Wine & Spirit Education Trust.
- Upon course completion, students receive the Level III Sommelier Pin, embodying their professional expertise.
About the National Wine School
Our programs are credentials and supported by the National Wine School (NWS), one of the three top sommelier credentialing agencies in the nation. NWS stands out as the finest wine education institution due to several factors:
- The NWS is highly respected and recognized by professionals throughout the wine and hospitality industry. Its certifications are highly valued by key players in the industry, and are widely recognized. As a result of the rigorous training and high standards associated with NWS credentials, employers and establishments often prioritize applicants who possess NWS credentials.
- NWS offers comprehensive programs designed to provide students with extensive knowledge and practical skills necessary for success in the wine industry. A wide range of topics are covered in the course curriculum, including viniculture, viticulture, wine regions, tasting techniques, and food pairings. Individuals enrolled in these programs receive a well-rounded education that prepares them for various positions within the wine industry.
- University affiliations: The fact that NWS programs are offered at universities across the United States further demonstrates their legitimacy and quality. As part of its collaboration with universities, students have access to resources, faculty expertise, and a supportive learning environment that demonstrates a commitment to academic excellence.
- NWS selectively accredits wine schools that meet its rigorous standards, ensuring only reputable institutions will offer their programs. This selectivity ensures that students receive top-notch instruction and guidance from experienced professionals in the field.
- An NWS certification provides a wide range of career opportunities. Many renowned restaurants, hotels, and wine establishments seek candidates with NWS credentials, recognizing the level of expertise and dedication required to attain these credentials
Because of its strong reputation, comprehensive programs, university affiliations, selective accreditation process, and professional opportunities, the National Wine School is considered to be one of the best choices for earning a sommelier pin. Choosing the NWS demonstrates a commitment to excellence and positions individuals for success in the competitive field of wine.