This class focuses on two great wine regions: the Willamette Valley of Oregon, and Washington’s Columbia Valley. It’s a poorly kept secret that we adore these wines. In this class, you will learn why. The Pinot Noirs, the Cabernets, and the Syrahs are some of the greatest money can buy. While this class focusses on the more pricey bottles, we will highlight the extraordinary fact that wines from the Pacific Northwest –especially Washington– offer great value, too.
Wine lovers need to know these wines, and that is why we run this class. We will take you through all the most important wine regions and grapes. These are the greatest American wines you didn’t know existed.
The wines you will be tasting will blow your mind. Best of all, you will discover that the region offers better wines at lower prices than any other American wine region, including Napa Valley.
1. Ransom 2012 Brooks Vineyard Riesling, Eola-Amity Hills, Oregon
2. Columbia Crest 2013 “H3” Chardonnay, Horse Heaven Hills, Wash.
1. Soléna 2013 “Domaine Danielle Laurent” Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
2. Chehalem 2007 Stoller Vineyard Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills, Oregon
1. Cristom 2009 Estate Syrah, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley
2. Avennia 2011 “Gravura” Bordeaux Blend, Columbia Valley
1. Tenor Wines 2011 “2:2 Red Wine” Columbia Valley
2. Woodward Canyon 2010 “Artist Series #19” Cabernet Sauvignon, Wash.
1. Argyle 2007 Riesling (Eola-Amity Hills)
1. Adelsheim 2012 Pinot Gris (Willamette)
2. Shea Wine Cellars 2008 Shea Vineyard (Willamette)
1. Amity Vineyards 2009 Pinot Noir (Willamette)
2. Chehalem 2007 Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills)
1. Bergström 2008 Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir (Yamhill-Carlton)
2. Beaux Frères 2007 The Beaux Frères Vineyard Pinot Noir (Ribbon Ridge)
1. Cristom 2009 Syrah Estate (Eola-Amity Hills)
1. Milbrandt Vineyards 2006 Traditional Riesling (Washington State)
2. Dunham Cellars 2006 Lewis Estate Chardonnay (Columbia Valley)
1. Syncline 2011 Subduction Red (Columbia Valley)
2. Cougar Crest 2007 Estate Grown Reserve Syrah (Walla Walla Valley)
1. Corvidae Wine Co. 2011 The Keeper Cabernet Franc (Columbia Valley)
2. Powers 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard (Horse Heaven Hills)
1. Columbia Crest 2003 Walter Clore Private Reserve (Columbia Valley)
Get our wine reviews fresh from the oven. Register for the Wine School Newsletter.