- This event has passed.
Oregon & Washington Wines
Saturday, January 4 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm$81 – $119
This class focuses on two great wine regions: the Willamette Valley of Oregon, and Washington’s Columbia Valley. It’s a poorly kept secret that we adore these wines. In this class, you will learn why. The Pinot Noirs, the Cabernets, and the Syrahs are some of the greatest money can buy. While this class focuses on the more pricey bottles, we will highlight the extraordinary fact that wines from the Pacific Northwest –especially Washington– offer great value, too.
Wine lovers need to know these wines, and that is why we run this class. We will take you through all the most important wine regions and grapes. These are the greatest American wines you didn’t know existed.
The wines you will be tasting will blow your mind. Best of all, you will discover that the region offers better wines at lower prices than any other American wine region, including Napa Valley.
Tasting Sheets from Previous Classes
Ransom 2015 Sunnyside Vineyard Riesling (Willamette Valley)
L’Ecole No. 41 2016 Luminesce Seven Hills Vineyard (Walla Walla Valley)
The Eyrie Vineyards 2016 Trousseau (Dundee Hills)
2. Ross & Bee Maloof 2017 “Wax on Wax Soif” (Applegate Valley)
1. Soléna 2015 “Grand Cuvée” Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley)
2012 Maison L’Envoye Two Messengers Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley)
Woodward Canyon 2010 Artist Series Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley)
2. No Girls 2013 La Paciencia Vineyard Syrah (Walla Walla)
Chehalem 2009 Reserve Dry Riesling (Willamette Valley)
L’Ecole 41 2015 Old Vine Chenin Blanc (Columbia Valley)
Soléna 2013 “Domaine Danielle Laurent” Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley)
2. Domaine Drouhin 2014 Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills)
1. Fausse Piste 2014 “Garde Manger” Syrah (Oregon)
Owen Roe’s Abbot’s Table 2014 Red (Columbia Valley)
DeLille Cellars 2013 “D2” Estate Red (Columbia Valley)
2. Tenor Wines 2010 “1:1” Red (Columbia Valley)
1. Ransom 2012 Brooks Vineyard Riesling, Eola-Amity Hills, Oregon
2. Columbia Crest 2013 “H3” Chardonnay, Horse Heaven Hills, Wash.
1. Soléna 2013 “Domaine Danielle Laurent” Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
2. Chehalem 2007 Stoller Vineyard Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills, Oregon
1. Cristom 2009 Estate Syrah, Eola-Amity Hills, Willamette Valley
2. Avennia 2011 “Gravura” Bordeaux Blend, Columbia Valley
1. Tenor Wines 2011 “2:2 Red Wine” Columbia Valley
2. Woodward Canyon 2010 “Artist Series #19” Cabernet Sauvignon, Wash.
Advanced Essentials: Oregon
- A to Z 2010 Pinot Noir, Oregon
- Iris Vineyards 2008 Pinot Noir Reserve (Southern Willamette)
- Chehalem 2007 Pinot Noir, Ridgecrest Vineyard (Ribbon Ridge)
- Penner-Ash 2007 Pinot Noir, Dusin Vineyard (Yamhill-Calrton)
- Argyle 2007 Pinot Noir Spirit House, Knudsen Vineyard (Dundee Hills)
- St Innocent 2007 Pinot Noir, Temperance Hill (Eola-Amity Hills)
- Penner-Ash 2008 Syrah (Rogue Valley)
A Sommelier’s Guide: Willamette Valley
1. Argyle 2007 Riesling (Eola-Amity Hills)
1. Adelsheim 2012 Pinot Gris (Willamette)
2. Shea Wine Cellars 2008 Shea Vineyard (Willamette)
1. Amity Vineyards 2009 Pinot Noir (Willamette)
2. Chehalem 2007 Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills)
1. Bergström 2008 Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir (Yamhill-Carlton)
2. Beaux Frères 2007 The Beaux Frères Vineyard Pinot Noir (Ribbon Ridge)
1. Cristom 2009 Syrah Estate (Eola-Amity Hills)
Somm Essentials: Washington Wine
1. Milbrandt Vineyards 2006 Traditional Riesling (Washington State)
2. Dunham Cellars 2006 Lewis Estate Chardonnay (Columbia Valley)
1. Syncline 2011 Subduction Red (Columbia Valley)
2. Cougar Crest 2007 Estate Grown Reserve Syrah (Walla Walla Valley)
1. Corvidae Wine Co. 2011 The Keeper Cabernet Franc (Columbia Valley)
2. Powers 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard (Horse Heaven Hills)
1. Columbia Crest 2003 Walter Clore Private Reserve (Columbia Valley)
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.