Classes for Veterans


Hello, my name is David Bohannon. I am writing you to find out if you offer level one Somm classes during the week, and have you had people use their GI Bill to help pay for courses? The first question is because I bartend Friday through Monday. The Second question is just an inquiry on if I can use my Post 9/11 GI Bill to pay for classes. Thank you for your time!

-David Bohannon

Do I need to take the foundation of wine course or can I start at level 3? I want to get into the course in January to get started and I do not want to wait until April. I have already inquired earlier today about using my Post 9/11 GI Bill as well. Also would I be able to come in this Wednesday to speak with someone and see the school?

  • David Bohannon asked 1 year ago
  • last edited 1 year ago
  • You must to post comments


Great questions. The only wine school I am aware of that is authorized is in the midwest. Here’s the link to schools covered by the GI bill:

Level 1-3 NWS certification is needed if you are seeking to get your diploma. That said, you can take the January Advanced program and then double back and take the core in the Spring. That is not ideal, but it’s do-able.

For an idea of what the school looks like, this page has a few dozen photos:



  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result