- This event has passed.
Zinfandel: The Family Tree
Friday, May 3 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm$61 – $99
Croatia, Macedonia, Italy, New Hampshire, Sonoma: the pilgrimage of this amazing grape is a story worth tasting. Way back in 2018. we spent a day with Ravenswood’s winemaker Gary Sitton. He & our fearless leader went through the viticulture program at UC Davis together: a gallon and a half of single vineyard zins later, this class came to fruition. As a winemaker focusing on Zinfandel, Gary has access to California’s oldest vineyards and is very much the guardian of some serious zin wisdom. On the other hand, Keith has been out in the wilderness, exploring wine regions in the former Yugoslavia, with a fistful of DNA printouts. He followed the scientists in their quest to unlock the mystery of where this ultimate American grape came from.
Tasting Sheets from Previous Classes
Birthplace of Zin
1. Ivica Pilizota 2016 Plavina, Dalmatia (Croatia)
2. Bura 2017 “Fresh” Plavac Mali, Peljesac Peninsula (Croatia)
1. Tikves Cooperative 2012 “Barovo” Kratošija, Tikves (Macedonia)
2. Feudo Croce 2017 “Imperio LXXIV” Primitivo di Manduria
1. Beran 2012 Zinfandel, Sonoma County
2. Owen’s Roe 2014 “Abbot’s Table” Zinfandel Blend, Columbia Valley
1. Ravenswood 2015 Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley, Old Hill Vineyard
2. Louis Martini 2014 “Gnarly Vines” Zinfandel, Sonoma, Monte Rosso Vineyard
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.