- This event has passed.
Sunday, July 14 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm$41 – $79
You don’t need to be book smart to be wine smart. In this class, you’ll learn that wine has nothing to do with IQ. It has everything to do with passion and exposure to good wine.
Tonight, you will learn how to taste and talk like a natural-born sommelier. You will gain first-hand experience with one of the top sommeliers in Philadelphia. And you’ll uncover the mysteries of taste, flavor, and style. It’s the best kind of show AND tell!
This class was designed by Keith Wallace, winner of the Best Wine Reviewer award by the WBA in 2014 and named one of Philly’s top sommeliers by CBS News. It’s a smart and fun class that offers plenty for any wine lover, regardless of knowledge level.
First Flight: Barrel Aging
1. Muga 2014 Rioja Blanco
Second Flight: Tannin
1. Guigal 2014 Cotes du Rhone Rose
2. Guigal 2014 Cotes du Rhone Red
Third Flight: Regional Style
1. Bogle 2013 Merlot, California
2. Horse Heaven Hills 2013 Merlot, Washington State
Fourth Flight: International Style
1. Ovidio Garcia 2009 Crianza, Cigales
2. Shannon Ridge 2013 Zinfandel, Lake County
Fifth Flight: Finish
1. Lafage 2014 “Narassa” Cotes du Roussillon
1. Matua 2013 Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand)
2. Elk Cove 2012 Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley, Washington)
1. Quintay 2013 Clava Coastal Reserve (Casablanca Valley, Chile)
2. Domaine Lafage 2012 Cuvee Nicolas (Cotes Catalanes, France)
1. Fattoria Di Magliano 2012 Heba Morelino Di Scansano (Tuscany, taly)
2. Quinta do Vallado 2011 Touriga Nacional (Douro, Portugal)
1. Niner Wine Estates 2010 Bootjack Ranch Merlot (Paso Robles, California)
Brancott Estate 2012 Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)
Goat Door 2009 Chardonnay (South Africa)
Girlan 2009 Patricia Pinot Noir (Suditrol, Italy)
Koyle 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (Colchagua, Chile)
Castello di Farnetella 2010 Chianti (Colli Senesi, Italy)
Vavaherroros 2010 Garnacha (Madrid, Spain)
Oliverhill 2011 Red Silk Shiraz (McLaren Vale, Australia)
Middle Sister NV Sweetie Pie (Napa, California)
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.