- This event has passed.
8 Beers To Try Before You Die
Saturday, January 5 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm$61 – $99
Imagine: You have been banished to a faraway desert island. Which movie would you watch? What music would you listen to? Who cares! The real question is, what will you drink? What 8 Beers?
In this class, our beer sommeliers have thought hard about this question. They conjured the eight great beers they would want to try before they die. These are those picks.
Come and enjoy the Philly Beer School’s bucket list of beers!
Not Just OK
Prairie Ale “Prairie Artisan Ales” Saison, Oklahoma
Boston Loses Twice This Weekend
Lord Hobo Brewing “Boomsauce” Double IPA (Massachusetts)
Alpine “Pure Hoppiness” Double IPA (California)
Pinot Noir Barrels
Russian River “Supplication” American Wild Ale (California)
Deschutes Brewery 2015 “The Abyss” Imperial Stout (Oregon)
PBS 2017 Imperial Dark Ale (Loral Hops, Maple Syrup Mash)
Bruery Terreux 2015 “Rueuze” Gueuze
Founders Brewing Company 2017 “CBS” Imperial Stout (Michigan)
1. Cascade Brewing 2014 “Noyaux” American Wild Ale (OR)
2. Prairie “Prairie Hop” Saison (OK)
1. Captain Lawrence “Palate Shifter” Imperial IPA (NY)
2. Alpine “Pure Hoppiness” Imperial IPA (CA)
1. Mikkeller “Nelson Sauvignon” Bière Brut (Denmark)
2. Barley “BB Dexi” English Barleywine (Italy)
1. Boulevard 2015 “Rye-on-Rye” Rye Beer (MS)
2. Schloss Eggenberg 2012 “Samichlaus Bier Helles, Limited Edition” Doppelbock (Austria)
8 Beers to Try Before You Die, February 2014
1. Two Brothers Cane and Ebel
2. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen
Seeking Big Flowers
1. Clown Shoes Space Cake
2. Victory Brewing DirtWolf
1. Allagash 2014 Interlude
2. Brasserie Caracole Nostradamus
Imperials and Stouts and Barrels and Shit
1. Deschutes 2014 The Abyss
2. BrewDog Paradox Jura
1. Reissdorf Kolsch Ale, Koln, GERMANY
2. Coniston “Bluebird Bitter” Oxfordshire, ENGLAND
1. Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze, Beersel, BELGIUM
2. Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes 2006 “Abbaye de St. Bon Chien” Jura, SWITZERLAND
1. Bell’s Brewery 2014 “Hopslam” Double IPA, Comstock, MICHIGAN
1. Ise Kadoya Stout, Mie, JAPAN
2. Birrificio del Ducato “Verdi Imperial Stout” 200th Anniversary Edition, Parma, ITALY
3. Goose Island 2013 Bourbon County Brand Stout, Chicago, ILLINOIS
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.