- This event has passed.
The Wines of Argentina
Sat, December 22, 2018 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm$51 – $89
When you fell in love with Malbec, where were you? Where you in a bar in Rittenhouse or in your boyfriend’s dirty apartment? Did you think you were sitting in a chocolate jacuzzi dreaming of a cherry cola happy ending? Were you smitten at first taste, and the arboreal worlds started colliding into a saffron happiness?
Maybe you’ve figured out that Argentina is a magic place for wine, maybe you’ve put the pieces together that a country so long and so full of winemakers and so deep in centuries of winemaking are way more than your imaged perfect wine. Maybe you were right. Perhaps Argentina wine is far beyond your imagination.
If you are that smart, then you know the truth of this beautiful place: the wines are greater than you can imagine, even if they play to the base pleasures of every wine drinker in the northern hemisphere. Argentina’s wine is effing amazing, and this class is meant to highlight all the great wines you didn’t know existed.
1. Susan Balbo 2015 “Crios” Torrontes (Cafayette)
1. Aniello 2015 006 Riverside Estate Pinot Noir (Patagonia)
1. O. Fournier 2012 Urban Uco Tempranillo (Uco Valley)
2. La Posta 2015 Estela Armando Vineyard Bonarda (Mendoza)
Finca La Luz 2014 Callejon de Crimen Gran Reserva Petit Verdot (Uco Valley)
2. Maipe 2012 Reserve Malbec (Mendoza)
Catena 2012 San Carlos Cabernet Franc (Uco Valley)
Zolo 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza)
1. Mendel 2013 Lunta Malbec, Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza
2. Bodega Noemia 2014 ‘A Lisa’ Malbec, Rio Negro, Patagonia
In Search of More
1. Tikal 2013 “Natural” Red, Uco Valley
2. Finca la Luz Callejon 2008 “Gran Reserva” Petit Verdot, Uco Valley
The Desire for Less
1. Achaval-Ferrer Quimera 2011 Bordeaux Red Blend, Uco Valley
2. Catena Alta 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Agrelo, Uco Valley