Wines of South America
Saturday, June 8 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm$51 – $89
South America is one of the most exciting places in the wine world right now. From Malbec to Syrah to lesser-known gems like Torrontes and Tannat, South America is a gold mine for delicious, smartly priced wines. We’ll show you how to buy great wine at fantastic prices, all while tasting the really good stuff.
This class is both deeply informative and refreshingly entertaining. It will take you on an exciting and rare journey through the continent’s wine-growing regions. If you’re looking to learn about the winemaking countries of South America, this is the class you should attend. It takes you from the southernmost vineyards in Patagonia to the mountains of Venezuela near the equator.
Tasting Sheets for Wines of South America Wine
1. Crios de Susana Balbo 2013 Torrontes (Argentina)
2. Casa Lapostolle 20011 Cuvée Alexandre (Casablanca Valley, CHI)
1. Estela Armando 2010 Vineyard La Posta Bonarda (Mendoza, ARG)
2. Errazuriz 2011 Single Vineyard Carmenere (Aconcagua Val., CHI)
1. Cicchitti 2008 Limitada Blend Edicion (Mendoza, ARG)
2. Zuccardi 2011 Serie A Malbec (Mendoza, ARG)
1. Santa Rita 2008 Triple C Bordeaux Blend (Maipo Valley, CHI)
2. Clos de los Siete 2010 Super Red Blend (Mendoza, ARG)
1. Hermanos 2012 Torrontes Cafayate (Salta, Argentina)
1. Quintay 2012 Pinot Noir Clava Coastal Reserve (Casablanca Valley, Chile)
2. La Posta 2010 Bonarda (Estela Armando’s Vineyard, Mendoza)
1. El Principal 2008 Memorias (Maipo Valley, Chile)
2. Cuvelier Los Andes 2010 Red (Mendoza, Argentina)
1. Recuerdo 2011 Malbec (Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina)
2. Viña Chocalan Reserva Carmenère 2011
1. O. Fournier 2008 B Crux Red Wine (Valle de Uco, Mendoza, Argentina)
1. Crios de Susana Balbo 2013 Torrontes (ARG)
2. Mayu 2013 Pedro Ximinez (CHI)
1. La Posta 2010 Estela Armando Vineyard Bonarda (ARG)
2. Concha y Toro 2011 Gran Reserva Serie Riberas Carmenere (CHI)
1. Finca Decero 2011 Remolinos Vineyard Malbec (ARG)
2. Errazuriz 2010 Single Vineyard Max Reserva Syrah (CHI)
1. Montes Alpha 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon (CHI)
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.