Elegant, sexy, and capricious, Pinot Noir is perhaps the most beloved grape in the world. Its allure drives winemakers to become artists, and wine lovers to spend enormous sums of money. Many sommeliers see their lifelong quest to discover the ultimate experience of this boutique wine.
In the Luxury Pinot Noir class, you are taken on world wide survey of everywhere the grape is grown, extending from Burgundy to the New World. Wine lovers will gain a broader understanding and appreciation of fine wines; aficionados will have their passion fed.
This class mixes luxury and learning like few sessions can. We will feature rare wines from some of the greatest Pinot Noir vineyards and regions in the world. However, you will also discover a few wines that are actually affordable, too.
1. Ployez-Jacquemart NV Champagne Extra Quality Brut
1. Wild Horse 2013 Central Coast
2. Cashburn 2011 Central Otago
1. Balletto 2012 Santa Rosa Plain
2. Baliwick 2010 Green Valley
1. Lucia 2006 Santa Lucia Highlands
2. Shea Wine Cellars 2008 Yamhill-Carlton
1. Domaine Bruno Colin 2010 Chassagne-Montrachet Vieilles Vignes
2. Domaine Henri Boillot 2010 Pommard
1. Moutard Grande Cuvée Brut Champagne
1. Domaine de L’Arlot 2009 Côte de Nuits Villages Clos du Chapeau
2. Louis Latour 2007 Volnay Grand Vin de Bourgogne
1. Siduri 2007 Sonatera Vineyard Sonoma Coast
2. Loring Wine Co. 2006 Santa Rita Hills, Clos Pepe Vineyard
1. Lachini Vineyards 2008 Chehalem Mountains Estate
2. Shea Wine Cellars 2008 Shea Vineyard Block 22
1. Ayala “Majeur” Brut
1. Hospices de Beaune 2006 Beaune Premier Cru
2. Domaine de L’Arlot 2009 Cote de Nuits Villages, Clos du Chapeau
1. Adrian Fog 2007 “Numbers” Sonoma Coast
2. Evening Land 2010 Sta. Rita Hills, Estate Vineyard
1. Chehalem 2006 Ridgecrest Vineyard, Ribbon Ridge AVA
2. St. Innocent 2006 Seven Springs Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills
Think you have Pinot Noir handled? Take our Wine Quiz and find out!