Essential Master in Wine™ Certification
Thu, January 26, 2023 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
In the world of wine, the ability to craft a coherent wine program is a base skill for sommeliers, winemakers, and importers. The break-through program in wine education. In this course, you and a small team of fellow students get to control the narrative: you work hand-in-hand with your advisor to create the perfect class. From wine selection to class content to selecting your preferred instructor, you call the shots. This semester-long course is designed to impart knowledge of the world’s very best wines and wine regions, which every Master-level candidate must know. It is a required course for the Master in Wine pin but can be taken towards the Advanced program as well.
Schedule for the Program
- 7:30 pm, Introduction to Master in Wine, January 12th (in Person)
- 7:45 pm, Class Planning Session, January 26th (via Zoom)
- 7:45 pm, Class Planning Session, February 16th (via Zoom)
- 7:30 pm, Final Preparation, February 23rd (via Zoom)
- 7:30 pm, Left-Bank Bordeaux, March 2nd (in Person)
- 7:30 pm, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, March 9th (in Person)
- 7:30 pm, Barolo, March 16th (in Person)
- 7:30 pm, Brunello di Montalcino March 23rd (in Person)
- 7:30 pm, Napa Valley, March 30th (in Person)
Fees for this Program
This program is discounted by $75 because there is a minimum $75 supply cost per student.
Advanced Sommelier & Master-Level Program Certified
The Master in Wine Course qualifies as part of the NWS Advanced Sommelier certification program. It is also a required course for NWS Master-Level (L5) Sommelier Pin.
Essential Master In Wine™ Certification
We are proud to announce the next level of wine certification has arrived. The Wine School of Philadelphia is now offering the highest level of wine certification. The National Wine School underwrites this master program.
For this certification, the candidate must complete the following programs:
- Italian Wine Specialist™
- American Wine Specialist™
- Spanish Wine Specialist™
- French Wine Specialist™
- Food & Wine Scholar™
- Essential Master in Wine™ (this program)
- Wine Instructor Certification
- Advanced Winemaker Certification
The candidate also must complete two of the following elective courses:
- Specialist in Spirits™
- East Coast Wine Scholar (at-home)
- Advanced Beer Brewing Certification
- Scholar in Mediterranean Wine™
- German Wine Specialist™.