Level One Wine Course Online (Fall)
Sunday, October 3 All day
The Level One Wine Course is an online wine program part of the National Wine School’s curriculum. From grape to bottle to table, you will be exposed to essential wine knowledge. What are the nine essential grapes? How do you parse a French wine label? What is the proper way to taste wine? What are the myths that everyone believes but shouldn’t? Can you pair a light red wine with fish?
Level One Wine Certification Program is an asynchronous online program that you take at your own pace. You will complete an online wine exam at the end of the course to earn our Level One certification from the National Wine School.
Is this program for you? This program is designed for two types of wine enthusiasts: lovers and workers. This program is key if you are hoping to become a wine professional. It is also a great way to learn more about wine in a safe online environment. Based on the original Wine 101 program at the Wine School of Philadelphia, this wine course has always been essential for the Philly wine community, and now it is available to everyone.
This innovative wine program allows you to work at your own pace and is compatible with all computers and smartphones. We based this program on the asynchronous learning modality used in many top colleges and universities; By doing this, we can deliver professional-grade wine education and offer certification through the National Wine School at a very affordable rate. You can expect this program to take up to six weeks.
Topics Covered in this Wine Course
- Major Wine Varietals
- Reading Wine Labels
- How to Taste
- Understanding Wine Styles
- Common Wine Myths
- Introductory Food and Wine Pairing
Important Details Regarding Level One Certification
This program is held online via the National Wine School. Approximately one week before the class start date, you will receive an onboarding email. That email will contain important details on how to access your online material at the National Wine School. There is no Zoom link needed.
First Week of Class Overview
To begin the program, you will need to be onboarded into the National Wine School system. The process is simple and intuitive, starting on the date listed at the top of this page.
- Your onboarding email arrives with all the relevant details.
- Onboard with the National Wine School with the supplied link and code.
- Begin the L1 Wine Course (at your own pace).
- You do not attend a class on the start date: that is the date your access to the L1 online program begins.
- We charge less than the standard pricing for the Level One Course. This will not affect your onboarding experience at the National Wine School.
- If you want to start earlier than the posted date, you would need to register for the program at full cost ($500) through the National Wine School.
- After the start date, all support is handled by the National Wine School.