- This event has passed.
Chilean Wine Academy
Sat, December 29, 2018 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm$51 – $89
Dating back nearly 500 years, the winemaking tradition in Chile is one of the oldest in the New World. Today, their wines have sparked tremendous interest by everyone from Master Sommeliers to the casual wine drinker. There is no question as to why: Chile is one of the world’s mow important wine-producing countries. In fact, many insiders call Chile a “winegrower’s paradise”
Take this class to discover the wide range of great wines made in Chile: from the crisp, grassy Sauvignon Blanc of the Casablanca valley to the elegant, age-worthy Cabernets made in Colchagua Valley and their signature Carmenère grape grown in Maipo Valley.
1. Mayu 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, Elqui Valley
2. Arboleda 2015 Chardonnay, Aconcagua Costa
The 20 Year Rule
1. Ritual 2015 Pinot Noir Casablanca Valley
As Rhone Burns
1. Agricola Cuvelier 2010 Cuvée del Maule, Cauquenes
2. Trabun 2011 Syrah, Cachapoal Valley
Into the Andes
1. Casa Silva 2015 Carménère, Colchagua
2. Clos des Fous 2011 “Grillos Cantores” Cabernet Sauvignon, Alto Cachapoal
1. Santa Rita 2013 “Triple C” Red, Maipo
1. Vina Mayu 2013 Pedro Ximenez (Elqui Valley)
2. Los Vascos 2013 Chardonnay (Colchagua Valley)
1. Quintay 2012 Grand Reserve Pinot Noir (Casablanca Valley)
1. Montes Alpha 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon (Colchagua Valley)
2. Vina Santa Rita 2008 Pehuén Carménère (Colchagua Valley)
1. Errazuriz 2010 Single Vineyard Syrah Max Reserva Estates (Aconcagua Valley)
1. Santa Rita 2008 Triple C Bordeaux Blend (Maipo Valley)
2. Casa Lapostolle 2010 Clos Apalta (Colchagua Valley)
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.