Cabernet Sauvignon: The Family Tree
Thu, May 12, 2022 from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Even the most fervent fans of Cabernet Sauvignon have a lot to learn when it comes to its history. This class is an education in what makes Cabernet Sauvignon the king of the wine world.
This is a masterclass on the Cabernet family tree. We use ancient history and DNA sequencing to uncover the history of this oh-so-famous wine grape. From the northern limits of Spain to unearth its ancestors, to the drained swamps of Bordeaux to witness its birth, and across oceans to discover its long-lost relatives. This is a wine tasting class that brings you the full geek treatment.
We’ll be tasting the history of Cabernet and its Carmenet heritage.
Want to attend this class online? Members of our wine club get exclusive online assess to all our classes for free. Only $19/month.
Tasting Sheet from a Previous Cabernet Sauvignon: Family Tree Class
House of Carmenet
1. Eric Thill 2016 “Cuvée Romane” Savagnin, Jura (FR)
2. Ameztoi 2018 “Rubentis” Txakolina (SP)
Police de Vin
1. Clos Siguier 2015 Cahors (FR)
2. Chateau Pibran 2014 Pauillac (FR)
Awkward Family Tree
1. Clos De Luz 2016 “Massal 1945” Carmenere, Rapel Valley (CH)
2. Raats Family 2014 Cabernet Franc, Stellenbosch (SZ)
1. Sbragia 2012 “Godspeed” Cabernet Sauvignon, Mount Veeder (CA)
2. Tenor 2010 “1:1” Red (WA)