- This event has passed.
Bubbles! The Sparkling Wine Class
Saturday, February 15 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm$61 – $99
Honestly, who doesn’t love bubbles? They are fun and sophisticated and no one ever is miserable drinking them. A bottle of bubbles makes everyone feel like royalty, if only for a moment. Sparkling wine can turn a lackluster date into a marriage proposal. Or a party into a gala.
This our class featuring all our favorite bubbly wines: Champagne, Cava, Prosecco, and much more!
Learn about Sparkling Wine
In this wine tasting class, you will discover the top producers and the best places for sparkling wine. Plus, you will learn the tricks of the trade: how to find great bubbles without breaking the bank, and what to look for when selecting a bottle. You will also learn how the wines are made, and why Champagne costs a fortune but Prosecco is so affordable.
A Bit of Bubbly
Keith Wallace, the director of the Wine School is a former ambassador to Champagne (Center for Wine Origins and the Champagne Bureau, USA). Over the years, there have been a number of articles and shows that have featured his love of bubbles. The Daily News featured Keith in an article on Champagne. There is also an old episode of Philly Uncorked, back when Keith was the co-star
Flight 1: Italian
1. Col Vetoraz 2016 Brut Dosaggio Zero, Prosecco di Valdobbiadene DOCG
Flight 2: American
1. Gruet NV Blanc de Noirs Méthode Champenoise
2. Scharffenberger NV Brut Excellence
Flight 3: French
1. Francois Pinon NV Vouvray Brut Petillant
2. H. Blin Brut NV Champagne
Flight 4: Reds
1. Juve Y Camps Pinot Noir Brut Rosé Cava
2. Patrick Bottex “La Cueille” Bugey Cerdon Rosé
1. Nino Franco Rustico Prosecco
2. Sektkellerei Ohlig ‘Anton Ohlig’ 50ºN Sekt
1. Clotilde Davenne Extra Brut Cremant De Bourgogne
2. Francois Chidaine Vouvray Pétillant Brut NV
1. Juvéy Camps Pinot Noir Cava
2. Contadi Castaldi Franciacorta Rosé
Sparkling Wine, August 2015
1. Vietti Cascinetta 2014 Moscato d’Asti DOCG
2. Vigna del Cristo 2013 Lambrusco di Sorbara DOC
1. Gruet Domaine Saint Vincent Méthode Champenoise Brut
2. Argyle 2010 Brut
1. Bohigas Brut Reserva Cava
2. Ca’ del Bosco “Cuvée Prestige” Franciacorta Brut
1. Franҫois Pinon Vouvray NV Non-Dosé Brut Pétillant
2. Gatinois Champagne Aӱ Grand Cru Tradition Brut
Want Access To Upcoming Classes?
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new classes. Plus gain access to our reviews and articles weeks before everyone else.