A whirlwind tour of the classics, the innovators, and the exceptional: This beer tasting class is an overview of the entire world of beer today. You can expect a wild tasting trip. Starting in Philadelphia we head to Belgium, to the United Kingdom, to Germany and then onwards to the furthest reaches of this awesome beer-drenched world.
At its core, this is a beer style class. This is the sort of programming that is required for aspiring brewer and beer sommelier. However, this class was built with the beer lover in mind, not the professional.
Is this class right for you? We craft classes like this one to give you the insider’s view of the beer world, in a two-hour format. If tasting beer while learning about beer styles from one of our the Philly Beer School’s sounds like fun, this class is your cup of tea. Or a glass of beer, as it may be.
Why is this class important? One of the best ways to learn about beer is by understanding the classic beer styles. Every beer you love was brewed to reflect a certain classic style. In beer, that means knowing the unique styles from around the world. In this class, you will be introduced to the major ones.
If you are hungry for more beer knowledge after this class (and you will be!), we suggest taking a look at some of our region beer classes. Beer Classes on Belgium, Germany, Italy, United States, and the UK are offered throughout the year.
1. Brauerei Heinrich Reissdorf, Kölsch (Germany)
1. Morland Brewery “Old Speckled Hen,” Pale Ale (England)
2. Orkney Brewery “Skull Splitter”, Wee Heavy (Scotland)
1. Kiuchi Brewery “Hitachino Nest Japanese Classic Ale” IPA (Japan)
2. Green Flash “Green Bullet” Imperial IPA (USA)
1. Birrificio Le Baladin “Nora” Spiced Beer (Italy)
2. Brasserie Caracole “Nostradamus,” Strong Dark Ale (Belgium)
1. Ölvisholt Brugghús “Lava” Russian Imperial Stout (Iceland)
Get our wine reviews fresh from the oven. Register for the Wine School Newsletter.