America Vs. Australia
Saturday, December 17 from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
The two titans of tannins, the masters of maceration: In a bitter battle of body and bouquet, Australia and America go toe-to-toe in this battle royale. Will the Barrons of Barossa defeat the Knights of Napa? Will Walla Walla wallop Western Australia? Will Strathbogie squeeze Sonoma into sangria? To answer these questions, you’ll need to attend!
Our versus classes are designed to be an enjoyable class that contrasts the styles of two major wine countries. America VS Australia is part of a series of classes that include France VS Italy, France Vs Greece, Italy VS Spain, and several others.
Tasting Sheets from Previous Classes
1. Zocker 2016 Paragon Vineyard Estate Grown Gruner Veltliner (Edna Valley)
2. Ashbrook Estate 2013 Semillon (Margaret River)
1. Bebame 2014 Red (El Dorado County)
2. Delinquette Wine Co. 2018 “The Bullet Dodger” Montepulciano (Riverland)
Cult 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Oakville)
2. Redheads Studio 2013 “Mohawk” Cabernet Sauvignon (McLaren Vale)
1. Mark Herald 2014 “Collide” Red Blend
2. The Chook 2016 Shiraz